Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Book Review: The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Audio)

Do you listen to audio books? I do and I love them! I'm so busy that it's often how I finish books right now. I listen to them on my commute to and from work, as well as on my way to meetings and library visits. Sometimes I get so in to it that's its hard to get out of the car!

I actually read about this version of Winnie the Pooh in an issue of Parents magazine. It recommended titles to listen to in the car for the entire family. Everyone has read Winnie the Pooh and I'm not going to tell you about the story because you already know about that.


What makes this version so wonderful is the readers! There are multiple readers and they are all British. I love listening to books that are read by someone with a British accent and who better to narrate than Dame Judi Dench! It was so fabulous!

If that wasn't already amazing, the readers do a really great job of "acting" out the characters role on the audio... The actor that played Eeyore was hilarious and I kept thinking to myself that I knew this actor. I knew his voice.

And indeed I did... I thought and thought and finally came up with who it was... It was none other than Judi Dench's husband in As Time Goes By. So, imagine Lionel from the show and how he acted. Now imagine Eeyore. They couldn't have cast the role better. It was a perfect match.

Definitely go check out this audio book! It will make you smile and laugh, remembering how much you loved these classic stories as a child. It will make you laugh even harder if you ever watched As Time Goes By and if you haven't, you definitely need to!!

As we all know, this is a title that crosses generations and any age of audience would enjoy. Like I said, this was recommended for families to listen to together and what a great idea to revisit titles you enjoyed as a child that are still entertaining today.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment