Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Book Review: Board Book Round-Up, Part 2

Sometimes not every book gets read with Carter. I might read it quickly at the library before checking it out but we never get to at home. I might read it at my desk for my committee work but it never makes it home. He has so many books at home that sometimes one more library book is too much, so this one didn't make it home. I read it for the committee but Carter never saw it.

I love the concept of How do You Say I Love You by Hannah Elliot but I have a hard time reading language books if I am unable to pronounce the words. I stick to Japanese and that's about it. We all know I struggled with French. I did a little better with Italian but every time the professor would ask a question, the Japanese answer came first to mind. This book does a little better than most (and these language books are popular lately) at giving the pronunciations, so you could essentially read it to your child and sound somewhat fluent.


I am a huge fan of these books. The language barrier sometimes does intimidate me though but I love the opportunity to teach young children about the world, especially because the younger they are the better chance they have of picking up a second language. I love how the illustrations show various landmarks, homes or activities specific to that country too. That's it's just not how do you say "I love you" in other cultures but a lesson in how others live around the world.

The universal message is very understandable even for this young age though...regardless of where we live, what we look like, what language we speak...we all say "I love you." We all show the same love towards each other and really need to show it more.

Check this sweet book out for your older baby or toddler. Tell them "I love you."

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment